May 11th, 2006
Google trends lets you quickly and easily find out what’s hot! Easily compare everyone interest in up to 5 topics of your choice! If this sounds too complicated, click here to see an example of how you can compare various things.
If you follow the link above, you can clearly and quickly see from the search volume results that Nokia has been the most popular, followed by Motorola and Samsung (very close) and least popular of those is Sony Ericsson. Also available is
- a (news volume) chart showing how often each of the keywords you search for has appeared in Google News and
- a bar chart showing the popularity of each keyword in different regions of the world
Interesting things to “Google Trend“:
- “ipod video”, “ipod nano”
- apple, dell, hp
- lost, “desperate housewives”, 24
- simpsons, “south park”, “family guy”
It’s also quite informative to look up single keywords. For instance, “da vinci code” currently (May 2006) shows a very high peak. In fact the peak is currently the highest it’s ever been. My guess would be that the sudden surge of interest was triggered by the upcoming movie.
All results are based on (an approximated portion of) searches made through google and are therefore not 100% reliable. However it still provides a good indication of what’s hot and what’s not!
If you come up with any really interesting/revealing “Google Trended” keywords, feel free to drop us a mail.